Ever since one of my best friends started cutting himself, a few days ago and unfortunately a picture ended up on his Facebook, I’ve been an advocate for suicide prevention.
I was before that incident, but I know now that if he died, and I couldn’t help him, that I wouldn’t know what to do with myself. So I say we REBLOG this picture for my friend. BECAUSE IM HERE IF YOURE HERE.
I’m showing him my Tumblr in a few days time. So please, I beg you, if you care enough to save him, (he’ll think I’m over-exaggerating.), please REBLOG.
Please don’t scroll past this.
I’m not wanting followers out of this, but I just want to show my friend that there are a whole lot of people that care enough to save a life.
I’m so proud of the young person who did this. It’s a beautiful way of rallying support for a very important cause.
But I would just like to mention the difference between self mutilation and being suicidal. They are not one and the same concept.
Obviously I’m unaware of the full situation between this concerned tumblrer and their friend. He very well may be in that dark of a place that his actions were attempted suicide.
I think it’s simply important to note that self-harm is done not to end life in many cases, but to ensure it. It’s a coping mechanism that develops especially when a person is feeling numb to the outside world or to their own emotions. The pain is something tangible that can be dealt with, and felt without worry or confusion.
My previous experience with self-injurers have shown that the act of cutting is not intrinsically linked to attempting suicide. Many of the people I’ve spoken to, most of whom are dear friends to me, have said that the action is to keep them there. To bring them some relief.
I completely support and advocate this message! I just also want those of you who are trying to help out your friends to know the difference between these two concepts. It helps when trying to talk about the situation if you show an effort of looking at multiple perspectives. They will thank you for it.
This is absolutely wonderful, and I do hope it has an impact on your friend, m’dear. He deserves to know that he’s special, and that even these scars will fade.
- Mrs. Hudson
- emrystevens likes this
- goodvibes-lonelypeople69 reblogged this from tacotime773
- colourfulheartbeats reblogged this from deltabadrem
- strawberryribcage reblogged this from kortinkitten
- dai-dai94 reblogged this from scottgriffin1
- kortinkitten reblogged this from cumeronforeskin
- pretendsisterofsassy reblogged this from tom-fletchers-booty
- pretendsisterofsassy likes this
- fitzperfectly reblogged this from tom-fletchers-booty
- fitzperfectly likes this
- tom-fletchers-booty reblogged this from danisnotorfire
- ur2cute4me reblogged this from tryingtolovethyselfagain
- blame-thecurly-hairedfag likes this
- iwillcatchyouifyoufall-xo reblogged this from lo-sers
- thecolourofmadness reblogged this from smiling--at--everything3
- smiling--at--everything3 reblogged this from thecolourofmadness
- vivaladopeshit reblogged this from oh-the--places--you-will-go
- kellinthemartyr likes this
- eemadel reblogged this from chandlermuriellbing
- chandlermuriellbing reblogged this from eemadel
- danbmont reblogged this from quitenatural
- patrickayeee reblogged this from middle-fingerwhenitcomestolove
- in-felice likes this
- keepcalmandembracewhoyouare reblogged this from cuntinued
- bex1993 reblogged this from two-girlsoneblog
- myfantasynovel likes this
- achingheartsandramblingbruises reblogged this from azulsirene
- azulsirene reblogged this from peacelovegir
- peacelovegir reblogged this from inaworldofchaos
- that-guitar-girl likes this
- caughtupin-this-moment reblogged this from inaworldofchaos
- blackunicat likes this
- two-girlsoneblog reblogged this from thehumantorpedo
- imunderrepair reblogged this from alliamisdarkness
- thehumantorpedo reblogged this from gremlininginyourbed
- graace-louise reblogged this from anniek-amelia
- churritofujisaki reblogged this from shredsofhappiness
- shredsofhappiness reblogged this from imsavingrockandroll
- acsfleur reblogged this from qs-promising-career-in-espionage
- qs-promising-career-in-espionage reblogged this from gremlininginyourbed
- charliemagdaleno reblogged this from gremlininginyourbed
- gremlininginyourbed reblogged this from texasturtlefan
- exhalted-excelsior reblogged this from killjoeydee
- faithfille likes this
- vanessax420 likes this
- nobodysfool-xo reblogged this from renegade-kween
- tonightletsallmakeloveinlondon likes this
- wickedinarevolution reblogged this from thefightingfangirl
- haikari reblogged this from delerius
- a-smile-is-a-gift reblogged this from we-relied-on-a-disney-lie